Steven,
I am going to assume you have created an AppVM i.e. a Qube based on a Template
(vs a Stand alone VM). In this scenario you would install any software into the
template.

Instructions:
1) I would suggest you clone your Fedora-29 template so you have a clean
template. This is key as installing any 3rd party software is a
security/privacy risk, if you screw up you can delete the clone and make a new
one from the original trusted/clean template. You do this via a GUI by going to
Qubes icon on the top left -> System tools -> Qubes Manager -> Highlight
Template in Qubes Manager -> Right click on template -> Clone Qube

2) You will need to temporarily allow access to this template to the net. In
Qubes Manager highlight cloned template -> right click -> Qubes Settings ->
Basic tab -> Networking drop down -> Allow access to your Firewall Qube (Make
very sure to return it to "None" when you have finished installing your software

3) Install your software into the clone. Qubes icon on the top left -> Go to
your cloned template -> Terminal -> enter the install terminal commands, the
commands to install libreoffice are:

sudo dnf install libreoffice

4) Shutdown template, change network setting back to "None" on the template,
then create your AppVM. You should now see your new software.

Debian and whonix have slightly different commands in the terminal but the
logic is the same.

Some additional best practices include:
* Never install anything into Dom0
* Check the keys to make sure your software is verified
* Minimize the software you install, make multiple cloned templates and install
only the essential software you need. i.e. I have some templates that include
libreoffice, Nano, VPN stuff and 1 template that has all
* Not sure but I don't think your software will update in the template, you
might have to periodically re-create the template/software.

Totally open to feedback and criticism if this direction is wrong or needs
clarification...

Good luck and welocme to Qubes.