Thank you, 22. Would you recommend installing software through the terminal, or
can you use the same procedure - enabling the network - to install software via
the software manager?

I did install Libre Office using your instructions, and it came out perfect. As
I had already created an appvm, I just selected the clone as the template, and
it worked out fine.

Would you recommend cloning the whonix template too, for any changes. I am
bacailly only adding bookmarks and passwords to whonix.

Many thanks,

Steven