On 25/04/2019 15:18, unman wrote:
On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 01:06:26PM +0300, Claudio Chinicz wrote:
Hi All,

I'm getting the following error message:

root@debian-9:/home/user# apt-get update
Ign:1 http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb stable InRelease
Ign:2 https://deb.qubes-os.org/r4.0/vm stretch InRelease
Ign:3 https://deb.debian.org/debian stretch InRelease
Err:4 http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb stable Release
   500  Unable to connect
Err:5 https://deb.qubes-os.org/r4.0/vm stretch Release
   Received HTTP code 500 from proxy after CONNECT
Ign:6 https://deb.debian.org/debian-security stretch/updates InRelease
Err:7 https://deb.debian.org/debian stretch Release
   Received HTTP code 500 from proxy after CONNECT
Err:8 https://deb.debian.org/debian-security stretch/updates Release
   Received HTTP code 500 from proxy after CONNECT
Reading package lists... Done
E: The repository 'http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb stable Release'
does no longer have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore
disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration
details.
E: The repository 'https://deb.qubes-os.org/r4.0/vm stretch Release' does no
E: The repository 'https://deb.debian.org/debian stretch Release' does no
E: The repository 'https://deb.debian.org/debian-security stretch/updates
Release' does no longer have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore
disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration
details.

Have anyone faced the same issue? Any ideas how to solve it?

Thanks,

Claudio

Hi Claudio

The important is the error messages - everything else is consequential.
500 is an internal server error.
Combined with connect error suggest there's something wrong with your
proxy or your connection.

If you are using sys-whonix could be intermittent fault on Tor network.
Try again later.
If not, look closely at proxy configuration, and check qube where proxy
is running. (Look in /etc/qubes-rpc/policy/qubes.UpdatesProxy if you're
not sure.)

Hi unman,

Thanks for your prompt answer. I've reviewed my connection and made sure I'm using standard sys-net and sys-firewall. Also, I'm using my home connection (no proxy) and not updating through whonix, although internet is connecting ok and tor is connected through sys-whonix, as usual.

So, I could not find any issue on my side. I'll try it again Sunday or Monday using a different internet connection.

One thing to note is that after trying to update (this time using qubes updater and not command line), qubes manager shows the two arrows ("this qube must be restarted for its filesystem to reflect the recent committed changes") on all Fedora-based VMs (sys-net, sys-usb and sys-firewall) BUT NOT on my Personal VM, which is Debian 9 based (??).

Best Regards,

Claudio