On Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 10:55:44 PM UTC+2, dro...@gmail.com wrote:
> I just finished a fresh install of Qubes, then updated dom0, fedora template,
> debian template, whonix gw and ws templates, as per instructions on
>
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/installation-guide/
>
> Shutdown, boot.
>
> Qubes won't let me login.  Same problem as in my other post.

I've been updating my system regularly since moving from Qubes3.2 to Qubes4 and
never had any issues so far (default kernel is 4.19.45-1 at the moment) even
with testing repos enabled.

I did have to check some VM for using the latest kernel (and change manually)
even when I had chosen the latest one in the global settings already. But that
might have been a mistake on my part - I can't really say anymore.

So, when updating dom0 via terminal you can see if the older kernels are being
erased or if they are still in use somewhere.
I've read that maybe you could run out of space but that never happened to me
and I keep looking that all my VM are using the latest kernel.