Hi Andrew,

After removing all Whonix related templates and VMs, I've folllowed the
link you suggested (https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Qubes/Install) and run into
errors (see below).

Any ideas why the "sudo qubesctl state.sls qvm.anon-whonix" fails and
reports the whonix-gw and ws are missing? I thought it would install the
templates anew, specially because there are instructions saying we should
first remove whonix completely.

Best

[claudio@dom0 ~]$ sudo qubesctl state.sls qvm.anon-whonix
[ERROR   ] Command '['systemd-run', '--scope', 'qubes-dom0-update', '-y',
'--best', '--allowerasing', '--disablerepo=*',
'--enablerepo=qubes-templates-community', '--clean', '--action=install',
'qubes-template-whonix-ws-15']' failed with return code: 1
[ERROR   ] stdout: Running scope as unit:
run-r73c74b031ca0467aa7984ab0632f7f78.scope
Using mirage-firewall-wifi as UpdateVM to download updates for Dom0; this
may take some time...
[ERROR   ] retcode: 1
[ERROR   ] Error occurred installing package(s). Additional info follows:

errors:
    - Running scope as unit: run-r73c74b031ca0467aa7984ab0632f7f78.scope
      Using mirage-firewall-wifi as UpdateVM to download updates for Dom0;
this may take some time...
[WARNING ] /var/cache/salt/minion/extmods/states/ext_state_qvm.py:142:
DeprecationWarning: BaseException.message has been deprecated as of Python
2.6
  status = Status(retcode=1, result=False, stderr=err.message + '\n')

[ERROR   ] ====== ['features'] ======
Virtual Machine does not exist!

====== ['tags'] ======
[SKIP] Skipping due to previous failure!
[ERROR   ] Command '['systemd-run', '--scope', 'qubes-dom0-update', '-y',
'--best', '--allowerasing', '--disablerepo=*',
'--enablerepo=qubes-templates-community', '--action=install',
'qubes-template-whonix-gw-15']' failed with return code: 1
[ERROR   ] stdout: Running scope as unit:
run-r40ec4f8030284021a2f80d44af49d36f.scope
Using mirage-firewall-wifi as UpdateVM to download updates for Dom0; this
may take some time...
[ERROR   ] retcode: 1
[ERROR   ] Error occurred installing package(s). Additional info follows:

errors:
    - Running scope as unit: run-r40ec4f8030284021a2f80d44af49d36f.scope
      Using mirage-firewall-wifi as UpdateVM to download updates for Dom0;
this may take some time...
[ERROR   ] ====== ['features'] ======
Virtual Machine does not exist!

====== ['tags'] ======
[SKIP] Skipping due to previous failure!
local:
----------
          ID: template-whonix-ws-15
    Function: pkg.installed
        Name: qubes-template-whonix-ws-15
      Result: False
     Comment: Error occurred installing package(s). Additional info follows:

              errors:
                  - Running scope as unit:
run-r73c74b031ca0467aa7984ab0632f7f78.scope
                    Using mirage-firewall-wifi as UpdateVM to download
updates for Dom0; this may take some time...
     Started: 11:16:43.589367
    Duration: 5101.908 ms
     Changes:
----------
          ID: whonix-ws-tag
    Function: qvm.vm
        Name: whonix-ws-15
      Result: False
     Comment: ====== ['features'] ======
              Virtual Machine does not exist!

              ====== ['tags'] ======
              [SKIP] Skipping due to previous failure!
     Started: 11:16:48.694020
    Duration: 17.289 ms
     Changes:
----------
          ID: whonix-ws-update-policy
    Function: file.prepend
        Name: /etc/qubes-rpc/policy/qubes.UpdatesProxy
      Result: True
     Comment: File /etc/qubes-rpc/policy/qubes.UpdatesProxy is in correct
state
     Started: 11:16:48.713516
    Duration: 3.164 ms
     Changes:
----------
          ID: whonix-get-date-policy
    Function: file.prepend
        Name: /etc/qubes-rpc/policy/qubes.GetDate
      Result: True
     Comment: File /etc/qubes-rpc/policy/qubes.GetDate is in correct state
     Started: 11:16:48.716793
    Duration: 1.201 ms
     Changes:
----------
          ID: template-whonix-gw-15
    Function: pkg.installed
        Name: qubes-template-whonix-gw-15
      Result: False
     Comment: Error occurred installing package(s). Additional info follows:

              errors:
                  - Running scope as unit:
run-r40ec4f8030284021a2f80d44af49d36f.scope
                    Using mirage-firewall-wifi as UpdateVM to download
updates for Dom0; this may take some time...
     Started: 11:16:48.718085
    Duration: 2780.185 ms
     Changes:
----------
          ID: whonix-gw-tag
    Function: qvm.vm
        Name: whonix-gw-15
      Result: False
     Comment: ====== ['features'] ======
              Virtual Machine does not exist!

              ====== ['tags'] ======
              [SKIP] Skipping due to previous failure!
     Started: 11:16:51.498524
    Duration: 15.627 ms
     Changes:
----------
          ID: whonix-gw-update-policy
    Function: file.prepend
        Name: /etc/qubes-rpc/policy/qubes.UpdatesProxy
      Result: True
     Comment: File /etc/qubes-rpc/policy/qubes.UpdatesProxy is in correct
state
     Started: 11:16:51.514280
    Duration: 1.83 ms
     Changes:
----------
          ID: sys-net
    Function: qvm.exists
      Result: True
     Comment: /usr/bin/qvm-check sys-net
              VM sys-net exists None
     Started: 11:16:51.516200
    Duration: 213.897 ms
     Changes:
----------
          ID: sys-firewall
    Function: qvm.exists
      Result: True
     Comment: /usr/bin/qvm-check sys-firewall
              VM sys-firewall exists None
     Started: 11:16:51.730518
    Duration: 216.399 ms
     Changes:
----------
          ID: sys-whonix
    Function: qvm.vm
      Result: False
     Comment: One or more requisite failed:
qvm.template-whonix-gw.template-whonix-gw-15
     Changes:
----------
          ID: whonix-ws-15-dvm
    Function: qvm.vm
      Result: False
     Comment: One or more requisite failed: qvm.sys-whonix.sys-whonix,
qvm.template-whonix-ws.template-whonix-ws-15
     Changes:
----------
          ID: qvm-appmenus --update whonix-ws-15-dvm
    Function: cmd.run
      Result: False
     Comment: One or more requisite failed:
qvm.whonix-ws-dvm.whonix-ws-15-dvm
     Changes:
----------
          ID: anon-whonix
    Function: qvm.vm
      Result: False
     Comment: One or more requisite failed: qvm.sys-whonix.sys-whonix,
qvm.template-whonix-ws.template-whonix-ws-15,
qvm.whonix-ws-dvm.whonix-ws-15-dvm
     Changes:

Summary for local
Succeeded: 5
Failed:    8
Total states run:    13
Total run time:   8.351 s
DOM0 configuration failed, not continuing
[claudio@dom0 ~]$