On 7/8/19 2:15 PM, unman wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 08, 2019 at 07:24:53PM +0000, Jon deps wrote:
>> On 7/3/19 8:50 PM, 'awokd' via qubes-users wrote:
>>> Jon deps:

>>> "Static" there refers to the name and VM configuration, not the
>>> contents. You only have to set them up once, not every time.
>>>

>> so making a sys-net2 as a -C DispVM (with persistent PCI tag)  based on a
>> custom-dispvm-template has more disposable qualities   than
>>
>> just an appvm based on say Deb-9 template ?
>>

>> and hence might be a security protocol  to  make and toss sys-net2 (dispvm)
>> from time to time    or
>>
>> is it very minor and not worth the effort?
>>

> Do you use DisposableVMs instead of a standard appVM?
> Why?
> If you see an advantage there, then you should see advantage in using
> them for sys-.
> Since the effort is minimal I'd recommend.

re:
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/disposablevm-customization/#using-static-disposablevms-for-sys-

if one does all this  to make a  sys-net2

qvm-create -C DispVM -l red sys-net2
qvm-prefs sys-net2 virt_mode hvm
qvm-service sys-net2 meminfo-writer off
qvm-pci attach --persistent sys-net2 dom0:00_1a.0
qvm-prefs sys-net2 autostart true
qvm-prefs sys-net2 netvm ''
qvm-prefs sys-net2 provides_network true
qvm-prefs sys-net autostart false
qvm-prefs sys-firewall netvm sys-net2
qubes-prefs clockvm sys-net2

don't they also have to edit
$ sudo nano /etc/qubes-rpc/policy/qubes.UpdatesProxy

# Default rule for all TemplateVMs - direct the connection to sys-net
$type:TemplateVM $default allow,target=sys-net

and change it to sys-firewall  or sys-net2

because I'm getting complaint that my pci device is already attached to
sys-net2    when  I attempt  updates

if so maybe  the documentation needs another line  to indicate ?