On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 2:14 AM 799 <one7tw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Brendan,
>
> Thanks for the improvement list. Some questions:
>
> <brendan.h...@gmail.com> schrieb am Do., 29. Aug. 2019, 15:27:
>
>> - Increasing the device-stub VM priority from 256 to 1000 during install
>> utilizing xl sched-credit. This dramatically increases the IO throughput
>> for the installation.
>>

> How can this be done? what is the device-stub VM priority? Can this be set
> via qvm-prefs?

xl sched-credit -d ${current_name}-dm -w 1000 # execute after sleep nn
seconds after each VM startup. -dm is the stub device VM for HVMs. It is
temporary until next restart.

- Increasing the run-time of the final boot cycle, and possibly overlapping
>> that shutdown with the next creation. Utilize qvm-run shutdown.exe or
>> qvm-run a script instead of qvm-shutdown.
>>

> How can this be done?

$( sleep 360; qvm-run “${current_name}” “shutdown.exe /s /t 0” )& # I think

- Automate installation of xenvbd 8.2.2 or 8.2.1 after appropriate Windows
>> 7 updates are installed.
>>

> xenvbd = Qubes Tools ?

It’s in Xen tools, installed by Qubes tools but that module is not
installed by default by Qubes tools as it is buggy with unpatched win 7.
Since the script patches Win 7 it should be ok. I downloaded the 8.2.2
version of the xenvbd driver (don’t use unsigned daily build) from the xen
site and installed that manually. Then you can use qui-devices widget to
attach devices.

It’d be nice to add automating that to the winmgmt VM downloads, iso
mounting and installing steps.