Guest:

> I doubt that. The CPU has virtualization capabilities and I imagine that
> these are the corresponding interrupts? The info is the same on the debian
> installation.
>
>> Try checking /proc/interrupts in a different distro too, like Mint maybe.
>
> Done. Please check below.

Thanks. Hope I'm not leading you on a wild goose chase.

>  118:       1376          0          0         0   PCI-MSI 32768-edge
> i915
>  119:          0          0         0          0  chv-gpio   81  80860F14:01
> cd
>  120:          0          0         0          0  INT0002 Virtual GPIO    2
> ACPI:Event

 117:      27211          0          0          0   PCI-MSI 32768-edge
    i915
 118:          0          0          0          0
hdmi_lpe_audio_irqchip     -hdmi_lpe_audio_irq_handler  hdmi-lpe-audio
 119:          0          0          0          0  INT0002 Virtual GPIO
   2  ACPI:Event

That odd interrupt changed in Debian. I wonder if it is
https://www.spinics.net/lists/kernel/msg2709360.html. Link is to a
kernel issue that was occurring with i915 HDMI LPE on interrupt
initialization, so it is in a similar place as the Xen events_base.c
interrupt initialization we are seeing.

If there is no way to disable HDMI audio completely, perhaps try the
external monitor or blacklist suggestions in here:
https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/5247.