Hi everyone,
Thank you for all your help and discussion. I posted the HCL for the device
I'm troubleshooting -- the latest Lenovo Flex 14 with the i5-10210U. You
can find it here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/qubes-users/kamMImlGMNQ

I'm guessing the plan is to set up networking, update the templates and
dom0, then troubleshoot the trackpad and external monitor. I plugged in the
monitor with HDMI and it didn't show up under System Tools > Display, and
my touchpad doesn't show up under System Tools > Mouse and Touchpad. .

Here are the outputs of some of the suggested commands in my sys-net
terminal. My sys-net is based of Fedora 29.

> [...]
>       Remote Wakeup
>     MaxPower                0mA
>     Interface Descriptor:
>       bLength                 9
>       bDescriptorType         4
>       bInterfaceNumber        0
>       bAlternateSetting       0
>       bNumEndpoints           1
>       bInterfaceClass         9 Hub
>       bInterfaceSubClass      0
>       bInterfaceProtocol      0 Full speed (or root) hub
>       iInterface              0
>       Endpoint Descriptor:
>         bLength                 7
>         bDescriptorType         5
>         bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
>         bmAttributes            3
>           Transfer Type            Interrupt
>           Synch Type               None
>           Usage Type               Data
>         wMaxPacketSize     0x0004  1x 4 bytes
>         bInterval              12
>
> [user@sys-net ~]$ lspci
> 00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 440FX - 82441FX PMC [Natoma] (rev
> 02)
> 00:01.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82371SB PIIX3 ISA [Natoma/Triton II]
> 00:01.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82371SB PIIX3 IDE [Natoma/Triton
> II]
> 00:01.3 Bridge: Intel Corporation 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ACPI (rev 03)
> 00:02.0 Unassigned class [ff80]: XenSource, Inc. Xen Platform Device (rev
> 01)
> 00:03.0 VGA compatible controller: Device 1234:1111 (rev 02)
> 00:04.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-M) USB2
> EHCI Controller (rev 10)
> 00:06.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Device 02f0
>
> [user@sys-net ~]$ lspci -k
> 00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 440FX - 82441FX PMC [Natoma] (rev
> 02)
>     Subsystem: Red Hat, Inc. Qemu virtual machine
> 00:01.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82371SB PIIX3 ISA [Natoma/Triton II]
>     Subsystem: Red Hat, Inc. Qemu virtual machine
> 00:01.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82371SB PIIX3 IDE [Natoma/Triton
> II]
>     Subsystem: Red Hat, Inc. Qemu virtual machine
>     Kernel driver in use: ata_piix
>     Kernel modules: pata_acpi, ata_generic
> 00:01.3 Bridge: Intel Corporation 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ACPI (rev 03)
>     Subsystem: Red Hat, Inc. Qemu virtual machine
>     Kernel modules: i2c_piix4
> 00:02.0 Unassigned class [ff80]: XenSource, Inc. Xen Platform Device (rev
> 01)
>     Subsystem: XenSource, Inc. Xen Platform Device
>     Kernel driver in use: xen-platform-pci
> 00:03.0 VGA compatible controller: Device 1234:1111 (rev 02)
>     Subsystem: Red Hat, Inc. Device 1100
>     Kernel modules: bochs_drm
> 00:04.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-M) USB2
> EHCI Controller (rev 10)
>     Subsystem: Red Hat, Inc. QEMU Virtual Machine
>     Kernel driver in use: ehci-pci
>     Kernel modules: ehci_pci
> 00:06.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Device 02f0
>     Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device 0034

 There's no Kernel driver in use or Kernel modules as we would expect under
the output for lspci -k (as seen on the wireless troubleshooting page
<https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/wireless-troubleshooting/>). This happens
also when I run lspci -k in dom0. Could this be related to the

> [FAILED] Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.

that I'm getting on each start-up and shut-down?

When I run lspci |grep -i wireless, I don't receive any output. When I run
journalctl
-k -b |grep -i input in dom0, I see: Lid Switch, Power Button, Power
Button, AT Translated Set 2 keyboard, Ideapad extra buttons, PC Speaker,
Integrated Camera: Integrated C, and my logitech receiver and mouses, but I
don't see anything about my touchpad.

Any suggestions on what to do next given these outputs?
How can I check whether my firmware is installed correctly in my Fedora 29
template?

I went back to the boot menu to look at my usb installer that I used to
install 4.0.1 on my Flex. On the boot menu, I see two options for my usb
installer. EFI USB Device (my USB) and USB HDD : my USB. When I go to the
EFI option, I don't see the boot menu as shown on the installation guide
<https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/installation-guide/>, but when go to the HDD
option, I do. When enter the HDD option and run the test this media, the
test fails, and the installation fails. When I run the EFI option, the
installer boots and I can install Qubes. What does test media do and what
does it mean when it fails? Could having a failed test media result in some
of the problems I'm experiencing with my current installation? I used the
Rufus tool on Windows and dd mode to create my installation USB. Should I
first install something else (e.g., Fedora) then recreate my installation
medium using dd from the command line? I'm pretty sure I properly verified
my download of the iso (I'm not sure if it's related):

> gpg -v --verify Qubes-R4.0.1-x86_64.iso.asc Qubes-R4.0.1-x86_64.iso
> gpg: Signature made 01/05/19 19:05:39 Pacific Standard Time
> gpg:                using RSA key 5817A43B283DE5A9181A522E1848792F9E2795E9
> gpg: using pgp trust model
> gpg: Good signature from "Qubes OS Release 4 Signing Key" [full]
> gpg: binary signature, digest algorithm SHA256, key algorithm rsa4096

Once again, thank you everyone for the questions, discussion, and
suggestions.