Hello all,

I'm trying to install Qubes on a Dell XPS 7390 (the XPS 13 developer
edition).
I've found someone else with similar issues in a reddit thread [1] made a
few
days ago. I'm u/qubes-xps13.

# Hardware
Dell XPS 13 (7390)
- Intel i7 (10th generation)
- 16GB RAM
- all the necessary virtualization features (according to Qubes docs)
- only UEFI boot; afaik there isn't a way to boot in legacy mode

# Software Version
Qubes 4.0.2-rc3

# Problem
I've been unable to get to the GUI installer screen.

# Things I've tried

The original cause of the crash:
```
IO-APIC + timer doesn’t work
```

Following [2], I decided to tinker with the boot options on the USB
installer
medium.

I first tried `noapic`, got an `x2apic` error, then added `x2apic=off`.

My options line so far looks like this:
```
options=console=vga efi=attr=uc noapic x2apic=off
```

At this point, I got the black screen described in issue #5165 (3).
Following
the advice there, I updated my options line to the following:
```
options=console=vga efi=attr=uc noapic x2apic=off loglvl=all efi=no-rs
iommu=no-igfx dom0_mem=min:1024M dom0_mem=max:4096M ucode=scan
vga=current,keep guest_loglvl=all
```

With the newly verbose output, it looks like I'm back to square one:
```
Kernel panic - not syncing: The noapic parameter is incompatible with Xen
```

# Ideas I have
- try with a newer kernel version (I don't know how to go about trying this,
  and it sounds like a lot of work)

---

Where should I go from here?

Thanks!