Le mercredi 25 décembre 2019 23:25:41 UTC+1, Aaron Janse a écrit :

> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to install Qubes on a Dell XPS 7390 (the XPS 13 developer
> edition).
> I've found someone else with similar issues in a reddit thread [1] made a
> few
> days ago. I'm u/qubes-xps13.
>
> # Hardware
> Dell XPS 13 (7390)
> - Intel i7 (10th generation)
> - 16GB RAM
> - all the necessary virtualization features (according to Qubes docs)
> - only UEFI boot; afaik there isn't a way to boot in legacy mode
>
> # Software Version
> Qubes 4.0.2-rc3
>
> # Problem
> I've been unable to get to the GUI installer screen.
>
> # Things I've tried
>
> The original cause of the crash:
> ```
> IO-APIC + timer doesn’t work
> ```
>
> Following [2], I decided to tinker with the boot options on the USB
> installer
> medium.
>
> I first tried `noapic`, got an `x2apic` error, then added `x2apic=off`.
>
> My options line so far looks like this:
> ```
> options=console=vga efi=attr=uc noapic x2apic=off
> ```
>
> At this point, I got the black screen described in issue #5165 (3).
> Following
> the advice there, I updated my options line to the following:
> ```
> options=console=vga efi=attr=uc noapic x2apic=off loglvl=all efi=no-rs
> iommu=no-igfx dom0_mem=min:1024M dom0_mem=max:4096M ucode=scan
> vga=current,keep guest_loglvl=all
> ```
>
> With the newly verbose output, it looks like I'm back to square one:
> ```
> Kernel panic - not syncing: The noapic parameter is incompatible with Xen
> ```
>
> # Ideas I have
> - try with a newer kernel version (I don't know how to go about trying
> this,
>   and it sounds like a lot of work)
>
> ---
>
> Where should I go from here?
>
> Thanks!
>
> [1] https://www.reddit.com/r/Qubes/comments/edqrab/qubes_and_ice_lake/
> [2]
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/qubes-users/noapic%7Csort:date/qubes-users/PIyz7BEV1mg/0SBJTnoAAwAJ
> [3] https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/5165

Hi, so i also have this laptop with the same specs and i ran into the exact
same issue, i still couldn't find a way to make it up to the installer but
i got closer to it when i disabled sleep mode in the bios. When doing that
it the installer looks like it starts correctly but you just end up with a
blank screen and no sign of life. I guess the issue is around battery and
power management that has been put in place by dell. I am so disappointed
because on paper this laptop looked ready to handle qubes (no nvidia and
fairly good specs).

Putting different kernel parameter didn't seem to influence anything, i
tried any combination of acpi=off, noapic and nolapic but without any
success. So for now i have to get back to Parrot-OS but i am really missing
Qubes, if anyone can find a way, please share it, i will obviously do the
same.