Hello.

I've a question about the Qubes default desktop setup. Basically, the
latest Qubes is running XFCE desktop environment, but I've noticed
certain default programs are actually from Gnome. I find those
particularly difficult to use.

I was wondering why not use the XFCE equivalents of these programs
instead? For example, Qubes uses Nautilus (gnome files) as the default
file manager, but there is an existing XFCE file manager called Thunar
available. The other example I found is the current default text editor.

Would it be a good idea to replace these with XFCE equivalents?

I did a quick test installing Thunar and it seemed to work fine.
Although one thing I noticed is that certain functions like the "Open in
disposable VM" in right-click menus were missing.