On Friday, 10 January 2020 01:16:58 UTC, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:

> No, it doesn't affect security. It simply crashes (and reboot). If it
> works on your particular hardware, then you're lucky and should be safe
> to continue using it.

I got through install, and had problems restoring from backups. Those
problems were
not cnsistent, but included

- sometimes the machine crashed without warning
- complaints from the backup process that a "file list" was missing
- creating space on the LVM for the restored machines but then announcing
BOTH
     in green that the restore had worked AND in red that it failed
- on exactly one occasion actually working

I am guessing that the critical bug is one that is timing dependent in some
way, and in fairness
to your testers those are the hardest ones to spot as they depend on the
hardware, on the
day of the week, and possibly the conjunction of Mercury and Mars...

Anyway, after a thorough test of my drive, and on similar symptoms
appearing on a second
machine, I reverted to rc3 and those problems resolved.

Let me know if you would believe it would be useful to add these comments
to the -issues
facility:  I won't unless you ask

Warmly
R~~