>Threat modelling

I feel that as long as there are enough eyes combing through the code, the
risk is dramatically lowered. Major distros (stem distros?) like Debian and
Fedora have many, many more people poring over their code compared to
something as obscure as CLIP OS. Yes, the government can pressure
contributors to CLIP, or even Qubes or Debian, to insert malicious code
that's hard to detect, but the legions of Debian users and those of
Debian-based distros will likely spot it, the relatively large
(*relatively*) pool of Qubes users have a good chance of catching
something, but the small number of CLIP users most likely won't--it hasn't
crossed that tipping point yet.

Furthermore, you can't reliably attribute the insertion of malicious code
to the government, and even if you did, they'd just shrug it off. Doing
things physically (installation of cameras, etc.) is much, much more costly
and riskier than doing it digitally. I still think the idea of running CLIP
OS in Qubes is really cool and would love to see it; I just think your
argument for it wasn't convincing.

Please correct me if I'm wrong about anything I said above, since I'm just
speaking out of my ass. I'm neither a security nor a Linux expert--hell, I
don't even know how to code.