fredag den 20. marts 2020 kl. 02.38.47 UTC+1 skrev Sven Semmler:

> On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 03:12:04PM -0700, 'M' via qubes-users wrote:
> > 1)  Is there a more secure way to get a .deb file downloaded from a
> > web-page/server and get it into a template VM than the method I have
> > described above under "How to install a .deb file in the multimedia
> > template VM ?", and if so how ?
>
> Yes. A lot more secure and a lot more easy. You should go a bit easy on
> the tutorial style posts until you have figured this out for yourself. I
> mean this in the best possible way: giving back to the community is
> what's it all about ... but at the moment you might harm more then help.
>
> To your question: Just download the .deb file right there in your
> broweser and then open the folder that contains the Downloads. Right
> click on the .deb file and "Copy to other AppVM..." and select the
> TemplateVM where you want to install.
>
> In that TemplateVM you will then find the .deb file in the
> "QubesIncoming" folder in your home directory. This is one of the very
> core features of Qubes together with the Clipboard: the ability to share
> data easy, fast and securely between VMs/Qubes.
>
> > 2)  When installing new applications or replacing an application in a
> > template, is it then necessary to delete the VM's that is based on this
> > template to get the changes implemented in the AppVM's, or can they be
> > implemented in a smarter way ?
>
> Not at all. As soon as you shutdown the TemplateVM the changes are on
> disk. Then shutdown and restart the AppVM and you'll have the new
> version.
>
> You should probably read this carefully:
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/#advanced
>
> /Sven
>
> --
>  public key: https://www.svensemmler.org/0x8F541FB6.asc
> fingerprint: D7CA F2DB 658D 89BC 08D6 A7AA DA6E 167B 8F54 1FB6

Thank you so much for your answers !

Okay, I have thought of the "Copy To Other AppVM". But sadly I didn't try
it. I stopped when I reached "AppVM", as I thought it wouldn't work for
template VM's.

You're right, I should write my notes on the PC to begin with and first
publish them after I get it up and running as intended - I was to happy
about finally gone so far and would like to help others who would like to
be able to do the same, as soon as possible as I have wasted much time
trying to find out how to get to this step.

I have found another multimedia manager called "Exaile", and I have
downloaded it (from here: https://www.exaile.org/ ) and installed it. But
when I click on its shortcut in the "Qube Menu", it doesn't start. On the
front page it says it's for "GTK+".

Is it possible to run "GTK+" applications in a Debian 10 (or a Fedora 30)
template in Qubes OS 4.0.3 immediately, or do I have to install a package
to run it and if so which one ?
I have tried to search the web for an answer, and also in here. But I
haven't found one.