On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 07:14:39PM +0000, 'awokd' via qubes-users wrote:
> True, but he should be able to use a non-Intel USB wifi adapter for
> networking and disable the on-board Intel wifi in BIOS config or remove
> the card entirely. It's unlikely (but not impossible) ME has drivers
> built in that support networking over a 3rd party USB adapter.

Can't say either way. I would assume that if you can connect, the ME can
connect. On the other hand, for most peoples thread scenario a zero-day
exploit of the ME is probably not very high on the list. Just like XEN
virtualization escapes.

Qubes brings you very far in terms of security even when running on top
of ME. Important here is proper compartmentalization and having
sensitive data in offline qubes only.

Beyond that social engineering is probably your biggest worry. But I am
getting rapidly off topic. Sorry.

/Sven

--
 public key: https://www.svensemmler.org/0x8F541FB6.asc
fingerprint: D7CA F2DB 658D 89BC 08D6 A7AA DA6E 167B 8F54 1FB6