Full transparency, I’m completely new to Qubes. So treat me like I’m an idiot.

I’ve dd’d the iso onto my usb 3.0 drive using Rufus.

When I run the installer legacy it opens the installer GUI.

I’ve tried:
• regular install of R4.0.3.
• test this media and install Qubes R4.0.3
• ran UEFI text only installer.
• different usb drives. (But same brand.)
• different USB ports

Always, I get the message:
X startup failed, aborting installation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!