On 8/2/20 8:32 AM, fiftyfourthparal...@gmail.com wrote:
I have a ton of templates and standalones (>10), so updating them one by one serially is a pain. I found a convenient dom0 script so I thought I'd share.

Basically, take this and paste it into dom0 then make it executable. There'a also a handy test function. All credit goes to Andrea Micheloni. Anyone have similarly handy modifications/scripts?

https://m7i.org/tips/qubes-update-all-templates/

IIRC there is an option somewhere in 'qubesctl' for parallel template updates.

You can check out my github for some interesting stuff. The 'Qubes-scripts' project has a (serial) template updater that lets you select by certain criteria. It could be parallelized pretty easily.

Since you have a lot of templates+standalones, the 'findpref' tool might also be of interest. It can bulk search/replace VM prefs, such as changing all the VMs that are using 'sys-vpn1' to use 'sys-vpn3' instead, or change VMs to use a different template.

I also wrote 'wyng-backup', a fast LVM incremental backup tool that only scans where LVM reports new activity.

Finally, there is a VPN tool and one to enhance VM internal security.

--
Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket