On 8/7/20 2:56 PM, 'awokd' via qubes-users wrote:
fiftyfourthparal...@gmail.com:

Right now my plan is to take the output of 'rpm -qa' or 'yum list
installed' and compare it via some sort of 'match' or 'crosscheck' function
to a repo list pulled from somewhere secure (i.e. not tampered with by
potential adversaries) and maybe imported into dom0 from a specialized
secure appVM, creating a security tradeoff.

"[P]ulled from somewhere secure"- if the concern is someone tampering
with your HTTPS traffic in particular, you will probably want to use a
different method of obtaining the repo list. Tor might work.

I think this is only properly done via a trusted .onion address, i2p address, etc... Unless Tor's DNS lookups have been improved since the last time I checked.

Just for reference here, threat model I'm thinking of here is when an attacker tries to MiTM while having the cooperation of the certificate authority.

--
Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket