Is there a way to ftp to another computer on my LAN from a appvm that is using a proxyvm?

I am able to ftp to other computers when I set this appvm to just use the default firewall, but sometimes I forget to set it back to use a vpn vm; but if I have the appvm using the vpn/proxy vm then I am unable to reach any of the other computers on my LAN?

Please advise