Hey guys, I've tried rigorously to install pidgin package and after getting
all the dependencies and errors worked out it finally installed. But then
upon checking /usr/bin/ it doesn't appear. Has anyone got pidgin
successfully working inside whonix VM?

Furthermore, how can one go about adding a shortcut? I've created a
.desktop file and then used these instructions
<http://qubesosfasa4zl44o4tws22di6kepyzfeqv3tg4e3ztknltfxqrymdad.onion/doc/managing-appvm-shortcuts/>but

am not sure what the custom menu entry would look like inside the
anon-whonix-vm.menu file would look like...

<Menu>
     <Name>Pidgin</Name>
     <Include>
             <Filename>pidgin.desktop</Filename>
//Do I put the whole path to the .desktop file?
     </Include>
</Menu>