On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 4:43 PM 'awokd' via qubes-users <
qubes-users@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Steve Coleman:
>
> > Q: Where is this other supposed/incorrect password being passed into it
> > from, and is there any way to go back to not needing this login
> > requirement?
>

> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/user-profiles-and-logon/turn-on-automatic-logon

Thanks awokd!

Just to follow up in case this happens to anyone else, the registry entry '
*DefaultPassword'* disappeared completely yet the 'AutoAdminLogon' was
still set to '1', unlike what the documentation says should happen.

I still need to figure out why a) the DefaultPassword entry disappeared, or
b) why the password was expiring and thus the system forced me to set an
actual password instead of what the qvm script had originally set up.  This
will likely remain a mystery but at least it's working again.

Steve