On Wed, Jun 02, 2021 at 09:03:46AM -0300, Franz wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> After standard installation using a PS2 keyboard, I should have two
> separate usb controllers in the same sys-usb qube. I would prefer to have
> two distinct sys-usb so using one more secure for the mouse (PS2 mouse does
> not work) that should be somehow connected to dom0 and the other less
> secure for external USB disks.
> i carefully examined the Qubes papers
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/usb-qubes/#enable-a-usb-keyboard-for-login
> but I am still very confused.
> Which is the proper way to do that?
> Best Franz

You can simply qvm-clone the existing sys-usb, and then fix up the
controller allocation between the two.
You can also set autostart with qvm-prefs for the "less secure" so that
it is not started by default. This will mean that you have to
consciously start that usb qube if you want to use external devices.
You might also consider using udev rules, or blacklisting modules in the
"mouse" usb, so that it cannot be used with other USB devices.