In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Svein Skogen) wrote:
> Wesley J. Landaker wrote:
> > Can anyone give me some suggestions on inexpensive (< $100) OEM GPS
> > units that support NMEA and 1PPS for use with NTP? Or any non-GPS

I'm not sure you will get much below USD 100, but there are other brands
available.  I've seen them advertised by small volume suppliers of
embedded system/microcontroller type hardware.  I have the feeling the
Garmin unit is semi-consumer.

> mainboard, and connects the TX/RX wires there. Using standard NMEA
> protocol, and knowing the latency of the port itself, it can give me a

Port latency is likely to be negligible compared with the NMEA output
latency in the receiver.  It may well be small compared with the jitter
in the NMEA output.  That's why PPS is important.