>Although from all the other replies (thanks everyone), it sounds like
>maybe there really just aren't tons of other cheap OEM options.

Your original request wanted a PPS signal.  If you don't really
need that, you have a lot more options.  There are many low cost
GPS units with USB connections.  They seem to be intended for
location rather than timing.

The Garmin 18-USB works well but isn't yet supported by
a driver in the ntpd source package.

The Navibe unit doesn't work well (for timing).  I'll get a graph
out there one of these days.