In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>Does anybody know of any *practical* samples on how to
>implement NTP/SNTP client?. The goal is to provide accurate
>time for a program/client running on Windows Vista.

Just curious.  Why do you want to roll your own as compared
to run one of the existing packages?

>Only a narrow description focused on NTP/SNTP request/reply
>datagrams for a simple PC client, preferably in C/C++ source
>code.

I don't know of any good code you can copy.

I'd start at:
  http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Main/SoftwareDownloads
and look in the sntp directory.

There are two issues.  (maybe more)

One is getting the time right.

The other is not screwing up the rest of the network
or putting an unreasonable load on the servers.

Please be sure to read:
  NTP server misuse and abuse
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTP_server_misuse_and_abuse