Richard> Harlan Stenn wrote:
>> Guys, This is all discussed pretty well at:
>> http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Dev/DeprecatingNtpdate So far everything
>> I have seen in this thread has already been covered on that page.

Richard> I just followed the above link.  I see ONE feature missing!

Richard> ntpdate -Du (I think it's -D) does NOT set the clock, it simply
Richard> tells you what it would have done had it been permitted to do so.
Richard> I suppose this feature is not essential but I've used it a time or
Richard> two to find out how my time agreed, or disagreed, with some other
Richard> server.

I am not familiar with ntpdate -D, but -u is listed and 'sntp -u hostname'
will tell you the offset without setting the clock,

I believe we have the capability you describe.  It's not yet explicitly
on the "Functionality List", though.

--
Harlan Stenn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!