Serge,

That was removed as a significant security hazard. If you want to
rxplicitly set the frequency, use ntptime -f. Ths scheme is designed so
you can run ntpd until the kernel frequency has stabilized, then kill
ntpd and run SNTP client at regular intervals. I surely wouldn't
recommend that, but folks have their biases.

Dave