Martin,

1. The pool command has been present for, in the scheme of things, for
some time, certainly before the latest release in September, 2007. If
so, why are we having this discussion?

2. To what are you referring to about inverted restrict bits? I've heard
this urban legend before from several sources. The only change some time
ago was to the notrust bit. The interpretation was changed to deny
access --unless-- the server was correctly authenticated to the client.
Nothing was "inverted". You could help be spreading a new urban legend
to this effect.

3. I have been rather studious in announcing new features and
significatn changes to the hackers newsgroup. The archives of that group
should form an adequate electric paper trail, but it would have to be
correlated with the release dates.

4. There has been a serious upgrade effor for the documentation to
improve the style, reduce the lies and correct misconceptions, but it is
an ongoing effort. Much of that has already been incorporated in the
development branch documentaiton, including a sitemap anc command index.
However, I do not intend to create a back index documenting when changes
have been introduced other that the rather vague release notes.

Dave