Martin Burnicki wrote:

Unless there is a bug in that specific version of ntpd you are running, ntpd
only propagates leap second announcements if it has received such an
announcement from either an upstream NTP server or reference clock, or from
a leap seconds file.

Which upstream servers are you using?

Are you using any local reference clock, e.g. a GPS receiver?

Of course. I have two TymServe 2100s and another GPS clock which I admit to never having seen. :-) The servers in question also get time from two offsite Stratum 2 servers (louie.udel.edu and ntp1.kansas.net) and are themselves peered together

For a short summary how leap seconds could/should be handled, see:
http://www.meinberg.de/english/info/leap-second.htm

Thanks, Martin.

--
Peter Laws / N5UWY