>I wonder how closely Mark's results could be replicated using some
>(set of) temperature readings from components already in the system
>rather than adding another temp probe?  Stuff like CPU temps and other
>intra-system components.  I'm not sure they have nearly the same
>accuracy and resolution though :(

One system I have reads temperature in quanta of 1C.
(There might be ways to get better.  I haven't pushed all that hard.)
That's not very good on this scale.

I played around in this area a while ago.  I didn't get good results
until I glued the temperature probe to the xtal.  That one reads
to 0.1F,