Maarten Wiltink wrote:
> "Antonio M. Moreiras" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>> Aiming to collect and analyze data from NTP network, a survey will be
>> held at all hosts available for public access on the NTP network,
>> using a program developed for this purpose. The survey will start
>> today and will last some days.
>
> My gateway runs NTP ('of course') but it's not available for public
> access. Would you, in general, want to include such hosts?
>
> Groetjes,
> Maarten Wiltink

If this survey is the same as the last, ANYTHING that responds to a NTP
query will be included.  The last survey received a response from a
"server" that didn't even have the correct year!!

Each responding system is queried for the identity of each server and
each client it knows about.  These responses are stored, sorted, checked
for duplicates, etc, etc.

If you google for "NTP Survey" I think you'll find the last survey
together with information on the methodology, etc, etc.