Chris Dew wrote:
>> If like many, you made the mistake of haveing one of the servers be the
>> Local server, you will wait forever.
>
>>> r...@server:~# cat /etc/ntp.conf
>>> server 192.168.1.133
>>> restrict 192.168.1.133 mask 255.255.255.255 nomodify notrap noquery
>
> I had included the config in a post above.  Is the local server added
> as a source by default, as I have not explicitly added it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris.

I believe you mean "local clock" rather than "local server".

The local clock is NOT a server by default  You can configure the local
clock as a "server of last resort" when no other server is reachable.
This will keep your clocks in synchronization and more or less correct
for a few hours but *very few*!  Synchronization will last but
correctness will not.

If you really need the correct time you DO NOT want to rely on the local
for any longer than absolutely necessary.