>This is the ntpq -p output from 2 machines connected to Garmin GPS's.
>The machines ip's of the 2 machines are 192.168.0.28 and .29.  They
>are about a millisecond apart!  That's no better than the server
>without the GPS.  What did I do to deserve such lousy performance.?

>     remote           refid      st t when poll reach   delay
>offset  jitter

> GPS_NMEA(0)     .GPS.            0 l    -   16    0    0.000
>0.000   0.001

See that "reach" column?  That's a bit mask of the last 8
polling intervals.  It's not working.

Did you go through the dance of setting it up to send the
right NMEA sentences?  What does it say if you do something like
  cat /dev/gps0
or use your favorite terminal emulator.  NMEA is normally 4800 N81.