David J Taylor wrote:
> David Lord wrote:
> []
>> I've had $60 .... but not accept my cc and require $35 bank transfer
>> fee or $60+ +$75 delivery and others don't export so I gave up.
>>
>> DL
>
> David,
>
> I'm advised that RS Components stock this at GBP 69 + VAT + delivery.  A
> search of their Web site reveals the GPS 18x range:
>

> http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=searchProducts&searchTerm=gps+18x&x=0&y=0
>

> and this /appears/ to be the LVC version, but it is /not/ completely
> obvious.
>

> http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=searchProducts&searchTerm=gps+18x+LVC&x=16&y=16
>

> e.g. they say the Garmin part number is 010-00321-36, but that yields
> nothing on a search of the Garmin site.  However, it seems to be correct
> here:
>
>  https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=27594&pvID=14555#versionTab
>
> These folk in the UK have the unit, at GBP 56.98 + VAT + delivery.
>
>  http://www.gpsw.co.uk/details/prod2402.html
>
> I've bought a GPS 18 LVC from them before, and have just ordered one of
> the newer x-rated units.  The UK total price is about $106  (GBP 71.02).

cheers

Both those were listed on garmin site as uk suppliers but the RS price
that came up was almost 170 quid and I couldn't locate the GPS-18x LVC
on the gpsw site.

I'll check both again anyway in case my eyesight was playing up.

I had an unreliable Conrad DCF-77 Rx working earlier in the week that
seemed to be giving around +/- 2ms with just the parse driver. I
wasn't expecting such good results due to periodic reception problems
and earlier having had no success at all with a Globalsat br304.