Michael Deutschmann writes:
> And yet, I recall in earlier months some bemoaning of the fact that
> WWVB-like radio time services are often unusable due to EMI from
> factories.  Such people might want the authorities to crack down.

The factories are likely in compliance with regulations but operating at
power levels such that their signals overwhelm WWVB receivers with
unshielded antennas and poor front-ends.

> Would the experts here then want the government to mandate spread
> spectrum be ON, and if so, what sort of modulation to use?

The government already mandates that pcs not interfere with other
services without specifying the methods used to comply.  SS is one
method.  Shielding is another.  Both work.
--
John Hasler
jhas...@newsguy.com