> I suggest you don't want that.  What you need is a fudge on the
> interface, not the association.

In this situation, I think I really do want a fudge on the association.

Consider the issue from the POV of my work desktop.  My work desktop
has a single network interface, connected to a conventional 100BASE-TX
ethernet network.  It has fast (and, for my purposes, sufficiently
symmetric) connectivity over my school's campus network to stratum-1
and stratum-2 servers run by the campus IT services.

In order for my work desktop to see the stratum-1 server I'm running at
my home, however, it has to go over the campus network to the cable-modem
network servicing the townhouse complex where I live.  As I previously
mentioned, this cable modem network appears to have an asymmetry, which
I would like to fudge away for the benefit of my work desktop (but *not*
for my home LAN).

If I were to fudge the network interface of my work desktop, this would
presumably affect not only its view of my home stratum-1 server, but also
my work desktop's view of the campus tickers.

What I think I want/need is a way to fudge my work desktop's view of one
peer/server, but not another peer/server.  That's why I wanted to be
able to fudge an association.

Rich Wales  /  ri...@richw.org