Steve Kostecke wrote:
> On 2009-10-22, David Woolley <da...@djwhome.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I believe that the official policy line is that database systems that
>> require monotonic time for their distributed transaction logic are
>> fundamentally flawed.
>
> It is the database people who require monotonic time.

Transaction logic implied databases.

> If there is an "official policy line" it is that any system with a clock
> which drifts past the step threshold is fundamentally flawed.

Dave Mills on not using NTP for critical database timestamps:
<http://groups.google.co.uk/group/comp.protocols.time.ntp/msg/20d802c94f87c274>.

On the other hand, the low end of the ADSL speed range will easily cause
128ms to be exceeded unless both you and your ISP have NTP traffic
prioritised.