<http://www.veracityuk.com/products/timenet/timenet.php>
<http://www.veracityusa.com/products/timenet/timenet.php>

<http://www.gpsntp.com/economic-ntpserver/>

Thanks, most interesting - I knew about neither of those products.

http://www.veracityuk.com/products/timenet/timenet.php
"Accuracy: Ethernet NTP ±100ms overall" is not what I call "good timekeeping".

http://www.gpsntp.com/economic-ntpserver/
"NTP time stamp resolution: +/- 15 usec" - nice that it has SNMP, but no specification of accuracy!

You can't buy directly from either site, which discourages an impulse purchase.

I already have the GPS, and was looking for a simple computer (small and low-powered) where I could run a FreeBSD or similar system. Will see what emerges from the router or David Lord's approaches.