unruh wrote:
On 2010-03-01, Kelsey Cummings <k...@microshaft.org> wrote:
David J Taylor wrote:
I would knock something up if there were enough interest, but it would
be a Windows program so of limited interest to the OP.
That's the idea anyway.  At the time, I was convinced the PPS signal was
showing clearly and it was but with the led transistor in backwards the
PPS line was getting pulled down to 1.4v or thereabouts.  Not enough for

Hard to know how it would do that.

Transistor inserted with reversed C/E have low Vce breakdown,
very low gain and possibly higher Vce_sat. They still operate
as transistors and long time ago I've used in that mode but I
can't remember what that was for (not so long after red spot
or white spot transistors were sold in a box of one which cost
a quid = eight weeks pocket money).

David

the serial port to register it.  It would have been useful to have
something that just watched for the DCD pulse rather than trying to
figure out what nptd was or was not seeing.

With that fixed, everything synced right up.  Seems reasonably stable
with jitter at 4ms and offset fluctuating from -4ms to 4ms.  More than
good enough for our needs.

4ms??? PPS from GPS should be 4usec, a thousand times better! (Or was
that what you meant). You could set up whatever was reading the pps to record to syslog every time it received a pulse.
-K