"Dave Hart" <h...@ntp.org> wrote in message news:aanlktim62cnx2at=n9s8fqjqe0+-qahsr00hamxnp...@mail.gmail.com...
[]
It may be the (64 bit) qualifier is key.  I know 32-bit ntpd runs on
x64 Windows, but I have no experience to know how it compares to
running on 32-bit Windows.  I wouldn't expect much of a difference,
and perhaps others can share their experience with ntpd on 64-bit
Windows.
[]
Good luck,
Dave Hart

My PC Hydra runs 64-bit Windows-7:

 http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_ntp.php

Unortunately, I don't have the comparative data when it was running 32-bit Windows-7, and the only comparable 32-bit Windows-7 PC I have (Stamsund) is GPS-synched, rather than LAN-synched.

As reported many times before, but never resolved, there's one version of NTP 4.2.4 which seems to work better on Vista and Windows-7 systems than 4.2.5 and later NTP versions. PC Hydra is running that version:
 ntpd 4.2....@dlh-qpc-o May 30 3:58:32.88 (UTC) 2009 (273)

With the configuration I have (32 seconds maximum poll), the RMS offset is about 0.5ms, and the averaged jitter is just under 1 millisecond (the native clock resolution).