Hi,

We're having an issue with an NTPD whereby it's defaulting (or whatever the
correct terminology is) to the LOCAL clock, this is occurring when one of our
servers loses connectivity. We have 4 server's setup and the local clock is
also configured:

server  127.127.1.0     # local clock
fudge   127.127.1.0 stratum 10

ntpq -p output:

     remote           refid      st t when poll reach   delay   offset  jitter
 hostname .INIT.          16 u    - 1024    0    0.000    0.000   0.000
 hostname .INIT.          16 u    - 1024    0    0.000    0.000   0.000
 hostname .INIT.          16 u    - 1024    0    0.000    0.000   0.000
 hostname.INIT.          16 u    - 1024    0    0.000    0.000   0.000
*LOCAL(0)        .LOCL.          10 l    9   64  377    0.000    0.000   0.001

The issue with this is that once it defaults to the LOCAL, it doesn't sync with
an external source again, until we manually restart ntpd. I'm sure this is
something simple, but I'm hoping someone can assist.

Thanks,
Stephen

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary
information of Blackboard that is for the sole use of the intended recipient.
If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, re-distribution or
other use of any of this information is strictly prohibited. Please immediately
notify the sender and delete this transmission if you received this email in
error.