Alright, I'll give it a miss then. We'll look into removing the locl clock.

Cheers,
Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: questions-bounces+stephen.vaughan=blackboard....@lists.ntp.org
[mailto:questions-bounces+stephen.vaughan=blackboard....@lists.ntp.org] On
Behalf Of Steve Kostecke
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2010 6:20 PM
To: questions@lists.ntp.org
Subject: Re: [ntp:questions] Local clock - sync issue

On 2010-11-08, Stephen Vaughan <stephen.vaug...@blackboard.com> wrote:

> Yep it does work, I think that article I just posted is the fix.

Actually, that belongs in the Wiki as an example of what _not_ to do.

"burst" makes your ntpd poll the remote time server 8 times in rapid
sucession at each poll interval. Use of 'burst' against time servers
which you do not control (or don't have explicit permission from) is
considered to be unfriendly.

If you must use 'burst' to maintain sync then you have some network
issues which need to be addressed.

--
Steve Kostecke <koste...@ntp.org>

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary
information of Blackboard that is for the sole use of the intended recipient.
If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, re-distribution or
other use of any of this information is strictly prohibited. Please immediately
notify the sender and delete this transmission if you received this email in
error.
  • [ntp:questions... Stephen Vaughan
    • Re: [ntp:... Kevin Oberman
      • Re: [... Stephen Vaughan
        • R... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
        • R... David Lord
          • ... Hal Murray
      • Re: [... Stephen Vaughan
        • R... Kevin Oberman
          • ... Stephen Vaughan
            • ... Steve Kostecke
              • ... Stephen Vaughan
                • ... Richard B. Gilbert
                • ... David Woolley
                • ... Richard B. Gilbert
                • ... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
            • ... Steve Kostecke
        • R... David J Taylor
          • ... Stephen Vaughan
            • ... David Woolley