Dave Hart wrote:
On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 16:34 PM, Martin Burnicki
<martin.burni...@meinberg.de>  wrote:
I have configured the w32time service to start automatically, but it
does not seem to start automatically, so my system time is approximately
2 minutes behind until I run "net start w32time&&  w32tm /resync" in an
elevated (with administrative privileges) cmd.exe session.

So this is already a different problem which should be fixed. Ntpdate should
also be able to set the correct system time initially, but I'm not sure the
NTP package can even be built for Windows on IA32.

http://davehart.net/ntp/win/x86/ has a lot of evidence that should
assure you.  By the way, now would be a good time to verify the
current ntp-dev sources build on VC6 and the result works, as another
-dev ->  -stable transition is about due.  It's been just over a year
since 4.2.6 came out, and a lot of good stuff has been introduced in
4.2.7.

I am aware of no one else building NTP on Windows using a compiler
older than Visual Studio 2008 recently, despite highly duplicative and
maintenance-heavy vc6, vs2003 and vs2005 project files.  I wish there
were others with access to VC6 reporting problems sooner, but I expect
once again it will be left to you and I to ping-pong through any vc6
build issues that have crept up.

I still have my VC6 ISOs, I could load them into a VMware client machine (I don't expect it to be possible to install VC6 alongside VS2008?).

I have been compiling and uploading new releases of both ntp stable and -dev about weekly for a while now, but as you noted this has been with VS2008.

Terje
--
- <Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no>