On 2/17/2011 12:55 PM, Chris Albertson wrote:
The pointer to "ppstest" might be what I need, a way to see it it's
working without depending on ntpd being configured correctly.  I'll
try it this weekend.

I have an LED on my Oncore and I can see by eye the pulse is roughly
0.2 seconds, certainly not in the microseconds range.  The PPS goes to
a 74F04 inverter then to a MAX232 TTL ->  RS232 level converter then to
pin one of the serial cable.  Before I post here again I'll be sure to
measure pin-1 using a breakout box at the computer's end of the cable,
(It's a 75 foot serial cable.)   I suspect a software configuration
problem or maybe polarity.

The other thing I was looking for was documentation.  If the source
code it it.  I'll read it.

I installed my Motorola Oncore several years ago.  It was not difficult.
I used a standard 9-pin serial cable, plugged one end into the Oncore circuit board and the other into a serial port.

I put the "hockey puck" antenna on top of a "Leaf Guard" rain gutter. The gutter makes clever use of surface tension to guide water into the gutter and keep vegetable debris out.

You must install and configure NTPD software. I've long forgotten the details. ISTR that it was reasonably well documented.