On Feb 24, 3:14 pm, "David J Taylor" <david-
tay...@blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

> In: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
> NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile\
> I set: NetworkThrottlingIndex to -1 (FFFFFFFF) (stops throttle)
> and SystemResponsiveness to 80 (=80% to non-multmedia)
>
> these may make a difference for you, although I didn't change them to get
> better timekeeping.

OK, i changed the regedit NetworkThrottleIndex  to hex FFFFFFFF but it
did not show (-1), instead it shows
(4294967295) which is unsigned version of -1.. hopefully ok.

i have min and max poll to 32. and i restarted service. Not seeing
improvements. I will have to try other suggestions next.
istry values (tho
> Feed the box with PPS and you might see:
>
>  http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/stamsund_ntp_2.html

Unfortunately, can't do PPS and just need to be within +/- 5msec and
not jump aroudn so much. (Right now obviously I am not syncing at
all.)

I understand win7 service pack 1 jsut was released, wonder if it might
make a difference....

> which is from a Windows-7 32-bit system.
>
> Are you sure that, on your system, there are no other programs trying to
> set the time?  What do the NTP entries in the event viewer say?  Have you
> set the "High performance" power option on your PC, or at least stopped
> anything which grossly changes the CPU clock frequency?  I would like to
> see your systems as good as mine, if I can help!

this is  DELL R710 server class machine, i believe we have no power
saving etc. options at all.

Gautam
PS Appreciate again all the help, i must be missing something simple/
obvious or something subtle/devilish.

> Cheers,
> David

            • ... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
            • ... Dave Hart
      • Re: [... David J Taylor
        • R... Gautam Thaker
          • ... Gautam Thaker
            • ... David J Taylor
            • ... Gautam Thaker
          • ... David J Taylor
    • Re: [ntp:... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
    • Re: [ntp:... David J Taylor
  • Re: [ntp:quest... Gautam Thaker