Ralph wrote:
Can it even be fixed?

Well I hope so.  Not to bash on the linux world, but I don't get why this
timing thing is so
hard...  I mean I understand it from a techinical perspective because I've read
all about how the
hardware and timers and stuff work, but practically speaking, somebody needs to
get with the
program and find a solution.  I've done many, many windows installs in Virtual
PC, VMWare,
Hyper-V, and others and even without the VM tools installed in the guest I've
never had a clock
problem that was big enough to worry about.

Sorry about the rant here but when all you want is for the machine to do
something basic like
keep time and you can't get it to work, it gets really frustrating.

And we can't blame it on the host machine because the time on the host machine
marches along
accurately all day long.

What is your host OS ? Windows?

Why does one have to extract all that informtion
via the nose and per corkskrew ?

uwe