On 2011-04-07, Uwe Klein <u...@klein-habertwedt.de> wrote:
> unruh wrote:
>> Somewhat more awkward than Terje's program, but it works.
>>
> I've collected a bit of information
>       http://wiederlinge.de/cgi-bin/lnwiki.cgi/147
> and wrote a basic parser script:
>       http://wiederlinge.de/cgi-bin/lnwiki.cgi/150
>
> Terje added some info too.
>
> I will add the commands stuff to my script
> in ~10days. no time now.
>
> Feel free to add.

Actually a more complete set of instructions that can be sent under the
MTK protocol is in
gpsd.googlecode.com/files/MTK_NMEA_Packet_0.71_Sanav.pdf

I of course have no idea which of these are actually valid for the
particular chipset that the Sure board uses.
This list includes the command  251($PMTK251) --change serial bitrate command,
 missing from the ETEK list. It also includes a rich set of Datum for the
models used.
I do not know if the Sure can be changed from the WGS1984 Datum, in case
anyone might want to use, for example, number 147 -- Old Egyptian(1907)
datum instead.

..