"Rob" <nom...@example.com> wrote in message news:slrnir54hp.hnj.nom...@xs8.xs4all.nl...
[]
The initial question:
| Due to my wandering use of a laptop for, "work" (cough!)   Often away
| from the office, and our server, but with local internet access (Hotel
| WiFi etc).
|
| What UK based "RELIABLE" (cant emphasize that enough) UK time server(s)
| would the group recomend I point Windows time sync' to?

and the subsequent discussion about the NTP pool and its reliability,
and how many servers from the pool one would resonably use to get good
results without overloading a voluntarily provided service, is a good
and valid discussion on its own.

There is no need to pollute that discussion by talking about GPS receivers
yet again.  It is not a solution for the original poster, and it does
not contribute to the discussion about either of the topics brought up.

You may be exited about your new GPS receiver toy, but there is no need
to recommend that hammer as the only tool one will ever need.  It isn't.

.. and why shouldn't someone consider taking a GPS 18x LVC as a portable time reference?

BTW: I did not start the GPS discussion.