"unruh" <un...@wormhole.physics.ubc.ca> wrote in message news:slrnis2psa.6vn.un...@wormhole.physics.ubc.ca...
[]
Jitter and accuracy are not the same thing. It would be interesting to
attach the PPS to a real interrupt (ie one which can be serviced on the
1usec level) and see what the offset of the usb pps actually is.
From what I read, the usb interrupts have a minimum latency of 125us but
more likely much larger ( but less than 100ms).

Bill, I would not be able to see offsets on 125 microseconds on the arrangement I have, only hundreds of microseconds. I don't have the time for the tests you propose, either, sorry. But from the graphs, it's obvious that the offset is well under 500 microseconds in the test configuration, at least.